I first tried watching “The Clone Wars” about three years ago and couldn’t get into it.
But since I’ve been reading some of the “Star Wars” novels, and on the basis of the good things they said about the series on “Binge Mode,” I finally gave it a real shot. And I’m glad I did.
Things that resonated with me (in no particular order):
- Ahsoka is a fantastic character.
- The interplay between Obi-Wan and Anakin makes his fall much more tragic.
- Seeing the clones as people rather than nameless soldiers was very interesting (and, speaking of tragic, it makes Order 66 so much worse).
- The animation is phenomenal.
- The music is phenomenal.
- The gaps that are filled and the details that are presented are phenomenal.
- And seeing the true power of the Jedi (they’re basically superheroes) was great.
The series both fills out the story and enhances the parts I already knew. Really, really fun all around.